Voyageur Winter Carnival 2017
Time: 11:00am - 5:00pm Daily
It’s a weekend full of winter fun for everyone! Bundle up, and come out and enjoy our giant snow maze, tubing and sliding hills, skating, winter games and activities, carnival games and contests, live indoor and outdoor entertainment, plus so much more! It’s fun for the whole family!
|Children (5 and under)||$0||$0|
- All prices are HST included
- 3 day pass: 3 days for the price of 2 days
- Advance ticket purchase not required
New this year – Hovercraft Rides!
Take an exhilarating ride and experience the Kaministiquia River like you never have before - on a hovercraft!
- Price: $20.00 (cash only)
- Hovercraft tickets can be purchased with proof of Admissions fee only
- Ages 6+
- Children 6 to 12 must be accompanied by an adult
Activities & Information
- Thunder Bay Autosport Club
- Car Display
- Giant snow maze
- Horse drawn wagon rides
- Skating and curling rinks (skates not provided)
- Tubing on the BIG Amphitheatre Hill (tubes provided)
- Children’s sliding hill in the Main Square (some tubes provided)
- Visit the Canadian Corps of Voyageur (volunteer group) to fire a musket for a $2 donation
- Visit the Cabane à Sucre and enjoy francophone culture; maple taffy treats are available for purchase
- Fat bike rides
- Meet FWHP’s mascots, Willy the Voyageur and Amik the Beaver
- Traditional activities include: snow snake, snowshoeing (equipment provided), visiting historic buildings and characters, storytelling, the farm, and much more
- Contemporary activities include: indoor and outdoor entertainment, crafts, science station, snow graffiti, snow fort, snowball catapult and slingshot, winter golf with snow sculptures, carnival games, curling, shuttle puck, and much more!
|Great Hall Entertainment|
|11:45am - 12:45pm||Storytelling by Two Feathers|
|1:00pm - 1:45pm||Bobo the Clown|
|2:15pm - 3:15pm||Rag Maple|
|3:30pm - 4:15pm||Bobo the Clown|
|Ice Race Demonstration*|
|Provided by Thunder Bay Autosport Club. *Weather permitting.||3:45pm - Monday only|
|11:25am - 5:00pm||Hovercraft Rides|
|11:30am - 5:00pm||Wagon Rides|
|12:30 PM||Log Sawing||Each participant is required to saw the log, person with best time wins||Youth & Adult: 1st, 2nd, 3rd|
|1:45 PM||Curling– Draw to the Button||Participants compete to get the rock closest to the button||Youth & Adult: 1st, 2nd, 3rd|
|2:30 PM||Snow Snake||Participants compete to see how far they can throw the stick||Youth & Adult: 1st, 2nd, 3rd|
|3:15 PM||Family Moose Ski Race||Group of 4 wears a single set of skis; must get from point A to B to quickest||Group: 1st, 2nd, 3rd|
|On-Going||Name the Baby Animal||Best name wins a prize||1st Place|
Food and Beverage
- Full menu offered in the Cantine (debit and credit card machine available)
- Gran Sasso food vendor (cash only)
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed (in the event of dietary restrictions please contact the Visitor Experience Coordinator at 473-2357 to make alternate arrangements prior to event date)
What to Bring
- Ice skates and other necessary equipment (a skate and sled check location will be available)
- Hats, mitts, face coverings and all other weather appropriate clothing
- Cash. ATM available on historic site and in Visitors’ Centre
Hovercraft Rides – FAQ’s
Can I buy tickets in advance?
No, tickets can only be bought the day of. Hovercraft tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis starting at 11:00am each day.
Do I need admission to the Voyageur Winter Carnival to ride a hovercraft?
Yes, admission passes must be bought prior to purchasing hovercraft tickets.
When do I need to arrive?
Hovercraft tickets are sold on a first come first serve basis starting at 11:00am each day. After having purchased tickets, you must arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time with your ticket(s).
What if I miss my scheduled time?
Tickets are non-refundable. Visitors must arrive 15 minutes prior their scheduled time.
How many people per ride?
The hovercrafts fit 3 people at a time.
Do you take credit card?
Hovercraft Rides will be cash only. ATM's are available on site.
Where are the Hovercraft rides?
On the Kaministiquia River at Fort William Historical Park.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- No loose objects are to be brought onto the hovercraft (i.e., pens, coins, long scarfs, glasses, cell phones, etc.); loose objects are at risk of making their way into the hovercraft fan.
- Please stay seated in hovercraft, no jumping around, standing, etc.
- Please be prepared for the occasional spray of snow and/or water while hovering and for high winds. Dress warm!
Access to the Site by Snow Machine & RV
- Snow machines cannot park at the event
- Entrance via the Kaministiquia River is not permitted
- RV’s will not be permitted in the parking lot for overnight stay
- Not available (summer season only)
Event Rules and Regulations
- FWHP has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for violence
- Any patron found to be in contravention with the rules and regulations will be dealt with accordingly
- Pets are not allowed at this event
- No hockey sticks
Check the City Transit to Neebing schedule here.
The event is a go in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately.